Infrastructure Required to put Drip Irridation

I have recently planted arracanut garden of 460 trees in one acre of flat land. The Trees are planted 1 Foot Below the Ground Level. The land is basically agricultural land where pady was growing earlier. Now the land is planted with aracanut. Please somebody would explain me the procdure and feasibility of putting Drip Irrigation to this farm. I am having 3Hp Pump which can catter 2 Hours continous water per day.

Reply to
gt.ganeshamp

You have the pump. Do you have the water? From aracanuts I know nothing except they look like palm trees. You need at least one filter after the pump, maybe more. You need to determine how much water each-tree- needs/day. I am not an expert on trees but my understanding is that trees do better with occasional deep watering than daily shallow watering. This may be different when first establishing an orchard. You need to determine how much water can be pumped in your two hour time frame. Divide the amount-of-water-that-can-be-pumped by the-amount-of-water-needed per tree to determine the maximum number of trees that can be planted. (Leave yourself some margin of error and only plant 85% to 90% of the theoretical maximum number of trees.)

If your pump isn't a variable speed pump, you may want to install a by-pass valve from the in-put side to the out-put side (a pvc pipe that by passes the pump that has a valve in line). This will allow you to adjust the water pressure to the drip line. Hopefully you have a pressure gauge, if not, start out slowly.

=====> pump =====>

| | |--->X-->| X = valve

Hopefully, someone will be along to fill in the rest of the information that you need.

Good luck.

Reply to
Billy

Bars

he said "flat land", it may be a simple matter of finding the largest tank or tanks that he can get, raise them as high as he can, and use them as a source for the drip hose network. He can fill the tanks whenever the pump is available and then "meter" the water out. I realize that "flat" is often a relative term.

cheers

oz, ordering tree seedlings

Reply to
MajorOz