Indoor Winter Gardening

I live in Ottawa Canada, and would like to grow tomatoes, lettuce, green onions, leeks indoors, does nayone here have any good tips, tricks, links to indoor gardening thank you

I'll assume this is a serious question, and not a joke. Now, for the first question: Are you very rich? And, is electricity free where you live?

Look for cold climate gardening, green houses in the north, etc. Tomatoes especially need a certain amount of what is equal to summer sun hours and light intensity. I lived in the Montana right at the northern border and had an attached green house where I grew salad vegetables all winter long and got a head start on garden veggies. If you are going to be paying for electricity for your lights and possibly for your heat as well you'd be better off buying them. I was off the grid so the lights didn't cost me any more or less to run and it was heated from my house. Joe is right, unless you are very handy and clever and/or financially flush, head for the produce department at the grocers. I seriously doubt you get enough natural winter light for a window sill operation.
Val
trees wrote:

And if you do proceed you might want to report your electricity increase reasons to the cops and save yourself a new front door replacement when the narcs kick it in. All spikes in electricity use above normal (cept for christmas time) are reported to the cops for grow op reasons.

Not to mention the sudden need for an air conditioning unit. The big-ass lights needed for sun-loving plants produce enormous amounts of heat.
Having said this, I have a friend here (upstate NY) whose living room has windows on 3 sides. She grows lettuce in indoor window boxes. The leaves are thinner than those grown outdoors, but still delicious. It gets down to about 40 degrees F. on the windowsills.
seriously true!!!!