Indoor Seedlings?

I am interested in growing indoor plants or herbs from seedlings.

Where can I get info on how to do this?

Are there any seedlings that grow indoors in a window sill that does not get very much direct light?

Reply to
Curly

I would grow anything that would grow inside my apt. which does not get much light. The window sills get a limited amount of direct light. I have 2 succulents that have been doing very well in the window sill for a couple of years.I would like to try pretty much anything that could grow from seedlings.

Reply to
Curly

I can also grow anything on the windowsills or in front of my different w= indows, but I was not too successful with seeds. When I got the lights over them,= it was instant success.

Fran=E7oise.

Curly wrote:

Reply to
Françoise

Do you mean "from seed"? While the strict meaning of "seedling" is any plant grown from seed, the term is more usually applied to a very young plant (grown from seed). These are rarely available commercially.

Plants need light. Conventional "houseplants" have lower light requirements than plants usually grown outdoors in full sun, so if you just want 'plants,' that's the place to start. With abundant indoor light, some normally outdoor plants will survive and grow, 'though not as vigorously. You can supplement your lack of sunlight with artificial lights, but the bottom line is that plants don't grow well in the dark. Or even the dim. This is why I bought a greenhouse. :-) Got tired of starting tomatoes that grew 4 leaves on 6" stems in a "bright" window. Even the African Violet that seemed reasonably happy on a windowsill, grew *prodigiously* when the bush outside the window was pruned.

Reply to
Frogleg