indoor plants and flying insects

I have about 7 indoor plants, mainly pothos. I noticed very small flying insects around them. Only one per plant (for now!) I'll use some organic spray for them but I was wondering if there are any plants that repel insects and I don't have to worry about them?
I don't care what plants they are as long as they can live in a container and can be kep alive. Can you please suggest something?
Thanks.

They are fungus gnats. Instead of freaking out, just ignore them. Or reduce watering, which will cut the population somewhat.
If you have plants, you have fungus gnats. No way around it.
-
theoneflasehaddock
theoneflasehaddock wrote:

Yuck. I have only one plant in the house right now <everything else has been moved outside>. But my bathroom and somewhat in my kitchen has these little gnat things like fruitflies kinda. I've been wondering if they come up from the drains? Are they the same thing? One bathroom <with the shower> is particularly bad. I sprayed some Raid flying insect in there today and shut the door. Seemed to get rid of them for a moment.
amy

They'll be back. Their larvae would still be in the drains. Have a look at this site which describes drain flies and control methods:
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2071.html
This site also describes these, but as moth flies:
http://www.pestproducts.com/mothfly.htm
Good luck.
eclectic wrote:

YUCK! Thanks for the info!
amy
Cut down on watering, fungus gnats thrive in wet soil. You can try to keep them down with a neem oil spray, but they might be hard to totally eliminate. Cayenne pepper spray is good for repelling insects; however, you will want to try it on a small part of the plant first to make sure it doesn't do any harm. The gnats really don't do much damage, but they can be quite bothersome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services. The message sender's identity is unknown, unlogged, and not replyable. Any address shown in the From header is unverified. For more information about this anonymous remailing service visit: http://cypherpunks.faithweb.com This anonymous remailer is a joint project of the Xandra International Freedom Association.