indoor herb garden problems

Hello,
My house is full of plants and all of them had been doing quite well until a couple weeks ago. I have Ivy, Ficus, Rosemary, Lavender, Chives, peppermint, and sage.
Well all of my herbs have started wilting, drying up and dying. at first i thought they weren't getting enough light so i moved them all toward the windows, the i watered them more cause that didn't work and by that time they were all dead...and its just the herbs...everything else is thriving and i don't know why...any suggestions
jason snipped-for-privacy@breadandwatertheatre.org

JAson, htere are several reasons why your herbs dried up... Most likely of which would be incorrect watering pracites... Have you grown herbs indores before?
Anthony B.
On 2 Jan 2006 21:01:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Did you start heating a lot "a couple [of] weeks ago"? Do you use gas heat? Just a possibility to explore. Also: Did you look under the leaves to see if they got infected with something? Hard to figure why the herbs would get clobbered but not the other plants.
Persephone