Impatiens dying prematurely

They have been blooming all season in the shady parts of our garden. However, lately, they are slowly dying on us, despite normal watering care. Does anybody have any suggestions as to why this is happening? We have not had any cold nights as yet in S. Ontario, and the weather continues to be good. Thanks!
BeTu said:

Here in SE Michigan, I've had to give up on Impatiens walleriana, due to the spread of Impatiens downy mildew.
Read it and weep: <http://extension.umass.edu/floriculture/fact-sheets/impatiens-downy-mildew Where I would used Impatiens last year, I substituted Polkadot plant (Hypoestes phyllostachys) and was very happy:
http://www.gardening.cornell.edu/homegardening/scened50f.html
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:43:10 AM UTC-4, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Thanks Pat....very informative...I will be removing all the plants promptly, and consider different species next year!....regards, Ben