Identifying yellow wildflower

Hello,

I recently took this photograph and I am trying to identify it. The closest I got was "Potentilla eriocarpa", but I don't this that is correct.

The flower was growing in a small creek in Australia in Brisbane Forest.

boemane

Nice flower!

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That's not a Potentilla. Its not even in the Rosaceae. Its not even a native Australian species.

Its a Ludwigia peploides, an introduced weed.

Cereus-validus-...........

That's really helpful, Doug.

The plant is still a nasty weed even if you don't know what it is. Weeds with "pretty" flowers are probably the worst of all because of their aesthetic appeal to the ignorant masses.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

man, i wish i had weeds like that. Mine are all ugly :(

Reply to
gman

Thank you for you reply! Very helpful!

I didn't th> That's not a Potentilla. Its not even in the Rosaceae. Its not even a native

boemane