Identifying yellow wildflower

Hello,
I recently took this photograph and I am trying to identify it. The closest I got was "Potentilla eriocarpa", but I don't this that is correct.
The flower was growing in a small creek in Australia in Brisbane Forest.
http://www.devsiden.info/images/gulblomst.jpg

Nice flower!
That's really helpful, Doug.
The plant is still a nasty weed even if you don't know what it is. Weeds with "pretty" flowers are probably the worst of all because of their aesthetic appeal to the ignorant masses.

That's not a Potentilla. Its not even in the Rosaceae. Its not even a native Australian species.
Its a Ludwigia peploides, an introduced weed.
http://images.google.com/images?svnum &hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=ludwigia+peploides&btnG=Search

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 22:16:51 GMT, "Cereus-validus-..........."

Thank you for you reply! Very helpful!
I didn't think I had the right flower, but it was the closest I could get. I guess that my book on australian wildflowers does not include introduced plants and weeds :)