identify weed?

Anyone know what this is?

a clump of it behind a rosebush next to the house. It's about 2 ft tall with lots of stalks. It's a weed, just one I don't remember seeing before.

Thanks,

Janet

Reply to
Janet Price

Hi Janet

Its looks like Juncus effusus just coming into flower. Its more of marsh lover but will usually grow in ordinary garden soil (its no invasive).

Mat

-- Mattt

Reply to
Mattt

Looks like Juncus effusus (soft rush)

Reply to
bamboo

Thanks--that looks like what it is. Another invasive plant to get rid of, just what I need.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Price

Nah not invasive, quite nice looking backlit. Give it to a neighbor with a pond.

Reply to
bamboo