Identify this weed??

This weed just came up in my yard in South Jersey in the past week.
I know for a fact that it is NOT crabgrass or nutgrass. Can anyone identify it?
http://www.bookac.com/Images/weeds1.jpg
http://www.bookac.com/Images/weeds2.jpg
The weed only shows up in one of my side yards. Ortho effectively kills it. I am just curious as to what it is. Thanks!

How do you know it's not crabgrass? That's the first thing I thought of.
http://tinyurl.com/2jg8t2
Where are you located?
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:03:19 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Me too. Which Ortho product did you use and did you follow the label instructions or improvise?
John

I have had my fair share of crabgrass, so I know what it looks like, and when it sprouts in my area (July). This sprouted already (April). Also, this grows vertically, whereas crabgrass grows horizontally.
Ortho Weed-B-Gon is the product that kills this stuff.

I have found this site helpful. If you don't know some of the answers, just click "don't know" and it will pull up all the grasses for you to look at and compare and identify. http://whizlab.isis.vt.edu/servlet/wid?table=grasses Good luck.