Identify this flowering tree/shrub in Oct.?

Most flowers are long gone. Most leaves are on the ground in zone 5. But there is a small tree about 4'-5' tall still with beatiful white/pink flowers. Hundrend of small buds forms a huge cone at tip of its every branch. The leaves look like Hydrangeas'. It seems like a shrub trained to be a tree becasue there are some suckers around its small trunk.

Could any one name the tree/shrub?

Reply to
Karen

Hydrangea paniculata?

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

That would be my guess as well. Does it look something like this ?

- gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Yes, it's probably a Hydrangea paniculata.

But it doesn't resemble anything like the one in my garden :-(

Reply to
Karen