Identify these two plants

Please take a look and tell me what these are. Located at a lake outside Portland Oregon. I believe one is wapato... but which? And what is the other? They are growing in the same area, are similar in size and have similar flowers.
Thanks in advance.
karen
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_01.jpg
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_thin.jpg
You definitely have two species of Sagittaria (= wapato = water potato) there.
Cannot determine exactly which species because the diagnostic floral characters are not visible in the pictures.
Both probably have tuberous rootstocks.
Look them up in a flora of the Pacific Northwest.

Taking a wild guess, the broad leafed plants is probably Sagittaria latifolia and the narrow leafed one is probably Sagittaria cuneata. Both are called "wapato"!!!
http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/plants/plantid2/descriptions/sag.html

Could be latifolia and cuneata, but the purple color on the narrow leaved variety throws me. Here are links to pictures of the flowers from both kinds. These are from the type I think is S. latifolia:
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_female_flower.jpg
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_female_flower.jpg
This is the flower from the purple striped one, and you see how purple the stem is:
http://users.easystreet.com/markie/extra/wapato_thin_flowers.jpg
Thanks for any opinions.
karen