http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/oplholik/Capture1.jpg
--
Paul O.

On 6/27/11 8:20 AM, Paul wrote:

Silk tree (Albizia julibrissin): This can eventually be a tree 40 feet high with a branch spread of 80 feet. This is a tropical or (at best) a subtropical, damaged by frosts.
It might instead be a plume albizia (A. distachya), which is even more tropical. This one grows to about 20 feet.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

live in zone 7 and they grow all over town.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:30:42 -0600, Amos Nomore

The one I had survived Long Island, NY winters quite well. They don't make good shade trees, at least not to sit under, the aroma from those pom pom like flowers are excellent stinging insect bait. Some folks like mimosa trees but I consider it a noxious weed.
On 6/27/2011 4:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

I second that. They can grow, and spread, crazy fast. Something here: http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/node/29
They may grow a lot slower up north.
Jeff

Everything about it, it's fern-like leaves (the leaves close/contract when touched), and especially those pink fluffy flowers prove it's a mimosa tree... attractive but can be messy/invasive. Many years ago I had a mature one growing in my front yard... I do not recommend this tree... I were you I'd immediately pluck it.
http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/node/29
Paul O.
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

I'd keep it.