Identify Plant

Hi - I have a patch of this unidentified plant (image link below) growing in a flower bed - we bougth the home so I don't know if it was planted there or not. Can someone help with an ID? thanks
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/4065/strangeplant9lm.jpg
Its a nasty invasive weed masquerading as an aromatic ornamental herb, Artemisia vulgaris, a.k.a. "mugwort" or "wormwood".
http://images.google.com/images?q=Artemisia+vulgaris&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images
It spreads rapidly from underground stolons. Dig it out and keep an eye open for it sprouting from the ground.

The leaves look quite similair, but I can't find a picture of Artemisia vulgaris with the small starts along the main branch like this has; If someone else wouldn't mind weighing in before I pull them all up I'd appreciate it!
What an unappreciative jerk. Who are you to question?
The link I gave you had hundreds of pix. Look again, dummy.

Whoa - calm down buddy. I appreciate you posting, but I loked through maybe 200 pictures from the link yousent, and as I posted, I couldn't find any pictures that displayed the stuble along the branch as I have on my plant. I don't think it's crazy to ask for a second opinion before I pull up a full bed of something which may end up being an attractive flower.
Cereus-validus....... wrote:

The "little stubble" really isn't significant for identification.
You didn't look very hard. Here's a close-up of a leafy stem showing the axillary leaflets. Happy now? As the plant matures they elongate into branches.
http://www.aphotoflora.com/Artemisia%20vulgaris-leaf-29-06-04.jpg
I have the weed growing in my yard and have first hand knowledge of what it looks like. If you actually looked at the pix in the links, you would have seen it does not have attractive flowers. Its not a Chrysanthemum, babe. The superficial resemblance of the foliage is how the weed gets a foothold into most gardens.
For ideal identification, the plant should be in bloom and that would remove any doubt.
Several people have asked you if the plant is aromatic and you still have not answered.

Don't mind Cereus. He thinks he's the Goddesses Gift to plat identification. Just remember the "Cereus validus" is a cactus, so he tends to be a bit thorny. Always Question. Murri

Oh yeah? Sit on it, Potsy!!!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said:

from typical mums (paler and more incised). Taller and a bit ganglier. (The tag should be out in the garage, but the garage was 'cleaned' since and I'm not sure I could find it.
Is the foliage scented?

I shoud also add that it has not flowered yet so I don't know if it will this year and what colours and shapes it will produce!!
MFNB

WOW ! Thankyou very much !! - I've had several people puzzled over this plant - It certainly looks at interesting flower once it starts!
Cannabis was mentioned a few times !! - I was ready to dig it up... well.. maybe ;-) he he
MFNB

I had a young teen trying to tell me I was growing pot when he saw my Cleome. It was funny, and I had a helluva time convincing him he was wrong. Jeez, I could have had cops crawling all over the place if he'd started telling people I was growing weed. I love cleome, it needs no special treatment and mine often reseeds itself, altho I would prefer it do it in the garden and not in the grass. I was transplanting little seedlings with a spoon from the grass into the garden. Nan in DE
MFNB;930547 Wrote:

It's a Cleome or spider flower. a lovely annual plant which produces lovely spikey usually pink flowers that are scented. Is a nice 'weed' to come up and well worth keeping.
(oh, and don't let anyone try to tell you it's cannibis :-D)
'Cleome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleome)
Drobium