Identify Flower Photos

Page 1 of 2
I have a lot of flower pictures that I have taken. However, I do not know what several of them are. You can see my generic descriptions. I like to take the photographs, but I have no idea what most of these flowers are.
Would anyone here be able to help me name my flower pictures?
http://www.floweryforests.com

The second one in the first row is a Coneflower (Echinacea), I believe, but the specific name for the type with the droopy petals will have to be provided by someone else.
in

Thank you very much this is good information. Yes, some if not most are cultivated flowers but some are not. I plan to continue posting more as I find them.
Thanks again for the great information. All of you who posted it. I am sure this will help others also.
I plan to visit a local conservatory soon and get some pictures there also. I am not the greatest photographer and don't plan to quit my day job! :)
But it is fun and I appreciate the replies and ability to learn.
Thanks!
I believe the flower you have identified as Bleeding Heart is actually Fuschia. Marilyn

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:47:44 -0400, "Marilyn" <fcorliss at comcast dot net> wrote:

Forest Wanderer wrote:

Spam in my eyes.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Why?

Have you seen the pics? They are highly cultivated plants, nobody could possibly mistake them for forest flowers.
It's so obviously NOT a genuine attempt to get the flowers named. Otherwise, he would by now, have changed the titels to the names provided when he asked the same Q on another group.
" If our advertisements interest you, please visit them" is a prominent feature of the page.
He wants to raise the number of page-hits , so that said advertisers will pay him more. He's using his dishonest, pretend appeal to group member, so make us go to the website and be counted.
Janet
contains these

Oh, well, then let's kill him right now. I mean, REALLY, just slaughter him and think nothing more of it.
Oh, yeah, I didn't notice that ads at all so I guess it's only SPAM for the folks who go looking for it.

Eh, you forgot where we stick his head on a post as a warning to others of his ilk.
That's always my favorite part;-)
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Is that before or after the disemboweling? I always forget...

If I remember my English etiquette correctly, the disemboweling precedes the drawing and quartering which is followed by the head on the spike bit. Public executions are so bland these days, don't you think?;-)
--
FB - FFF

Billy

And Usenet ones are even more dreary. All those cries of, "Off wit' 'is head!" but, in the end, no one does squat and the mob just goes home, has a cuppa and looks at flower photos on the 'net.

Well, if you do (look at his bland pictures), you reward his audacity by making him money from his fraudulent representation.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Don't you have to click on the ads? I didn't even see any ads. <shrug> And some folks use free photo sites that plant ads around their photos without their consent and without payment to the photographer for dupes who click on them.
I think this is a lot of sound and fury signafying nada.

Frage, I too am out of my league here. I work as a simple lab monkey who studies and sleeps and, as needed, works for his sustenance. As I understand it, all you need do is show up at his/her site and his/her credibility is increased to potential advertisers. I just want to be a simple hobbit and enjoy my garden and my table but it seems that there are always corporate monsters like George Bush and their minions bent on making money out of our misery, which they supply in excess. Forest Wanderer seems like a minor demon but he/she is not thinking of us except to exploit.
Peace and sweet dreams. Maybe the good guys will win next time.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Then make it a rule to not click on links from strangers. It's like that candy thingy your mother once taught you but upgraded for the computer age.
I don't see why everyone is merrily clicking links and then bitching about it later. Since the power to ignore him was always in their hands and THEY COULDN'T DO IT, perhaps they should stop whining about it.

Personally, I welcome strangers. Uniqueness interests me. But when someone spots a wolf, it is common courtesy to shout "wolf". If someone doesn't see it it, then you need to say,"The big grey thing with all the teeth". Calling attention may sound like whining but it has a higher purpose.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Saying "there are ads on the site" does not equal a troll. Sometimes people see wolves when they really are just grey-haired old grannies out for a stroll.