Identification for three wild flowers in New Jersey - September

Please identify the three wild flowers (six photos) at:

flowers were found around an apartment complex. If the web-page is not accessible, please go to:

select the "Plants" album.

Thank you.

Reply to
swim learning

gregpresley

Plant #21 -- some type of smartweed (Polygonum). It would take a real close look at the stem sheaths and other details and a good key to say which one.

Plant #22 -- Tickseed-sunflower (Bidens). Need really close look as to possible species. Watch out--these set seeds that are prickly and love to work their way into your clothes. I remember my mother trying to suck these out of my clothes with a vacuum cleaner. She was not happy...

Plant #23 -- A boneset or throughwort (Eupatorium). Can't say which species.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Thank you. This seems to be the correct identification for all the three plants.

Reply to
swim learning