Ideal material for homemade Greenhouse?

I have built myself a greenhouse but struggling what material to use as panels? I have been deciding between polycarbonate and glass? Does anyone have any advice?

Reply to
harry.yates

I used polycarbonate for mine. Installation is easier. The roof is 4 foot b= y 12 foot panels, which you couldn't do easily with glass. Installation is = also safer, not having to worry about the possibility of glass breaking. An= d polycarbonate can take an occasional bump from tools or pots without brea= king.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Jeff Layman

I think Polycarbonate could be the right option for me. What is a reasonable price for cut to size polycarbonate greenhouse panels? This is one site which is on my radar what do you think?

'Clear Tw> ;968733']On 13/09/2012 09:59, harry.yates wrote:-

Reply to
harry.yates

Reply to
eonProtocol

I've no idea what it would cost to cut polycarbonate to size but I do know that often cutting fees exceed the price of material. I would suggest cutting it yourself, it's not very difficult. And polycarbonate is easier to cut than plexiglass.

Brooklyn1

I use the pan newsreader and just click "Follow Up to Newsgroup" and post away.

Reply to
Travis