ID this plant please

What is this, and will it do OK in strong summer Western sun.
Also, how long will it be happy in its pot. So far, no roots protruding from bottom hole.
TIA
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

I pressed my forehead to the screen but didn't get an image.

Well, you need to clean your screen more often! <VBG>
Herewith image:
http://i53.tinypic.com/21u32c.jpg" target="_images" rel="nofollow">
http://i53.tinypic.com/21u32c.jpg">
http://i53.tinypic.com/21u32c.jpg

TIA
HB

So will someone other than Kay, who replied privately, give their opinion on this plant?
Gracias in advance.
HB
Higgs Boson said:

Well, it looks vaguely familiar. I'm guessing it is one of the arrowroots / Marantaceae.
Hmm. Or maybe a sickly variegated ginger?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

That's as far as I get, the habit looks very familiar but I am grasping for a name.