ID this plant

Group: Are these Hollyhocks, or? They're among flowers planted from a packet.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2poxeea&s=7
Tx
HB

Definitely not Hollyhocks. Do a Google search.
Those look a little like Portulaca, but a bit tall.
wrote in message writes:

Definitely not Hollyhocks. Do a Google search.
Those look a little like Portulaca, but a bit tall. =========== Yes, the leaves seem very wrong for Malvaceae. The only Portulaca I myself have seen had fleshy (succulent) leaves. This plant is just way out of my scope, but maybe what about Godetia, I wonder. But then whatta wino.

Stewart Robert Hinsley

On Apr 21, 12:21am, Stewart Robert Hinsley

I looked up Godetia. Bingo!
Will try to take seeds. It's a very attractive plant.
Thanks to all.
HB
Thanks to all.
On 4/20/11 6:01 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

From the foliage and the red stems, I would think they are Penstemon. However, the flowers do not resemble the Penstemon in my own garden.
Hollyhocks have large, lobed, round leaves that are slightly fuzzy. They send up tall stalks with the flowers along the stalks (not at the tips as seen in the photo).
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean