ID this plant

Hi I moved into my house a couple of years ago and we had a plant outside the front of the house. Now the plant is dying and I would either like to replace it, or fix it. But I have no idea what the plant is or what is wrong with it, can anyone help. I can't seem to send picture on this group so if someone could contact me I will send it via email to them,
On 13 Apr 2006 14:03:19 -0700, "cuddlejunkie"

Try posting to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

This is not a binary group.

USDA Zone 8