ID this plant?

Hope this goes through - am having hard time uploading pix:
http://i62.tinypic.com/29mwpzs.jpg" target="_images" rel="nofollow">
http://i62.tinypic.com/29mwpzs.jpg">
http://i62.tinypic.com/29mwpzs.jpg

or maybe
http://tinypic.com/r/29mwpzs/8
???
This is So. Calif coastal.
TIA
HB
On 25/04/2014 20:20, Higgs Boson wrote:

Could be Colletia armata.
--

Jeff

On Friday, April 25, 2014 1:18:55 PM UTC-7, Jeff Layman wrote:

Thanks. I checked it out, but doesn't look the same.
Anybody else?
HB

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 12:43:23 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

Still hoping... anybody new to thread?
TIA
HB

Try other Colletias, such as hystrix or spartioides.
--

Jeff

Higgs Boson said:

Has it ever flowered?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:32:08 AM UTC-7, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

(Usual reminder: This is So. Calif coastal)
Tx for followup.
HB
On Friday, April 25, 2014 12:20:55 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

VICTORY! The wonderful plant sales mgr. at the Huntington sent me this link:
http://www.smmtc.org/plantofthemonth/plant_of_the_month_200903_Giant_Coreopsis.htm
So: Coreopsis gigantica.
I remember it had yellow flowers before I moved it from the ground to the large porch planter (which I built in woodshop eons ago -- my greatest achievement!!) No blooms so far, in its supposed flowering period, but maybe still recovering?
Judging from link, it will have to go back into the ground somewhere, as it seems too much, long-run for a planter. Somewhere less conspicuous, probably, as link says it goes brown between seasons.
HB
Higgs Boson said:

Whoah, so I was on the right track. My reason for asking the question: I suspected something in the Asteraceae.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."