ID popular weed in the lawns

http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl66/weed.jpg
Sends this stalks out in a radial pattern. Have a lot of them to clean up.
I just laid tarp down on a 50sq ft area to kill the remaining turf and weed before I till it all and add to it. I've got another section behind the garage to work with, and these buggers are everywhere and allready flowering back there.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener

Henbit. And I rather like it mixed in with the clover and yarrow of my "lawn". Grass is evil, you know. ;~)
Sunflower MS 7b

THanks. That's it. Likes moist area with some shade... that's it exactly. Everywhere it is thriving is overly moist spots.

Actually I think it is kind of nice looking in dense spots.

I agree, especially when I'm trying to grow veggies in what is lawn.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener