ID Mystery Plant

A flower I've never seen before decided to sprout in a shady area that happens to be below my bird feeders. I have no idea if it's from a bulb that I just never knew was there, or was somehow "planted" by the birds. I'm suspecting it's a bulb plant because it looks similar to a lily. It's on a single smooth stalk about 2 feet tall; no discernable leaves, topped with multiple pale pink, lily-like flowers with yellow stamens and a sweet fragrance. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
.

I suspect you are asking about a Resurrection Lily, also nicknamed, "Naked Lady". They seem to just appear around here. I wonder if birds drop the seed.
Here is a link to a picture of one. http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId 151&catalogId067&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdy18
Or if that doesn't work try this link http://shorterlink.com/?W9C415
Wil
It would be impossible for a bird to drop seeds of Lycoris because:
1. the mature fruit is a dry dehiscent capsule not a berry which would have been eaten by a bird.
2. Lycoris squamigera is a sterile triploid incapable of setting fruit.
The bulbs must have been there for a long time but since the flowers and foliage appear at different times of the year, she didn't make the connection between the two.

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId 151&catalogId067&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdy18
It is possible however that a squirrel dug up the bulb from one location and buried it in another, planning to come back later to snack on it - then forgetting where - or getting run over by a car in the meantime. Normally the bulb takes a year or two to settle into a new site and set blooms - usually the first year or two it only sends up foliage in the late winter,early spring, which dies down by mid summer.

"Naked
http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay ? storeId151&catalogId067&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdy18
More likely it was planted they by mischievous garden pixies!!!;)
Believe it or not, squirrels do not remember where they bury most things. They don't have any sort of master plan or remarkable memory.

that
the
discernable
yellow
the
http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay ?

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId 151&catalogId067&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdy18
That's exactly what it is! Thanks! (the Amaryllis family came to mind because there were no leaves on the stalk.) Now that I recall, there was some previous foliage in that area that I thought may have been a daylily. Perhaps this plant had been there for years, but it seems the squirrels in this area love knocking the taller, colorful flowers down, and I never "caught" the bloom phase until now.

It sounds as if you have lycoris squamigera (a.k.a. resurrection lily, naked lady, etc.).It's featured on p. 24 of the Park's Advance Bulb Sale 2004..
Here's a site with a picture and description:
http://www.floridata.com/ref/l/lyco_squ.cfm
John