I've noticed lately here on wreck gardens......

I think I'll go puke in the bushes.

You comlain about jerks and the problem with that is that you and the other people whining don't think you ever give offence.

But boy have you pushed my buttons. Your call to be saccharine and nice whilst couching that call in weasel words is pukefully hypocritical.

Why mention 'healthy atmosphere' and 'nice positive people' and then be so dishonest as to attack others and disguise your hypocricy and nastiness by using weasel words like 'negativity' or, as Kate did, 'hateful'?

If you're going to attack someone, just be plain nasty rather than trying to disguise it as being about the health of the ng.

Reply to
FarmI

"FarmI" wrote

Amen!

Reply to
brooklyn1

Heh heh heh.......hell yeah!

Reply to
Charlie

I'm posting through the new AOL of news groups, Google groups, so I am not sure if my messages are showing up in the order that I post them. There is no way to be certain until it either shows up or not.

Anyway, I was thinking more about this. The main problem with my post wasn't really that I used inflammatory language, but that I directed it at other people, which is exactly the issue. It wouldn't have been as bad if I had said that the problem was with me being a jerk. It is something that I often excel at. Anyway, I am sorry for calling all of you a bunch of jerks. I'll try not to defend or rationalize it, if I can help myself. I think it's too late.

Reply to
Mycosimian

Don't worry about it. Glad to hear you are a wiseacre. Ain't nothing wrong with some yelling and hollering. In our family, that has been the law and the norm for, like, forever. Have a big dustup, scream and yell and when the dust settles, everyone still loves one another and on we go, usually a little wiser and a little closer.

Huh??? What bushes? I think you meant this to go to farml, one of our straightshooters. Google can be a bit confusing, neh? Worthless for the Usenet, IMNSHO.

Farml may like puke, but I prefer me own urine for bush fertilization.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Grrrrrrrrr

Reply to
Billy

I don't think a bit of puke ever hurt any bushes. Possibly the puke may act like free fertiliser.

Reply to
FarmI

They seem to be in order. At least they do in terms of following the sense of what you write.

Please don't feel the need to apologise, defend or rationalise. Your post was only a mild one but it did press my buttons. But then you weren't the only one.

Having been on usenet for years, I know it's slowly dieing, but its dieing because ISPs right round the world are dropping newsgroup access. I have seen some monumental hissy fits on ngs and anything I've seen in this ng has been so bland, its beige.

Your post won't be held against you. You're part of a community and although it may only be a usenet community, it is still a community. Every community has its disagreements and its odd snarly sessions and then everyone who has any sense moves on. Holding a grudge is a waste of energy and that energy is best used digging.

Reply to
FarmI

Irrational behavior cannot be rationalized. There are no defenses for defenseless actions. Apologies might not be acceptable. A grudge, like love, is a strong attachment. It is a much more difficult task to release it than to hold fast forever.

Reply to
Mycosimian

use your kill file to get rid of obnoxious posters. you dont even have to see them. AND...... do NOT respond to obnoxious posters either. Ingrid

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:59:00 GMT, "Gloria" wrote: Rec Gardens is

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo