I need to help my adopted yucca but i know nothing

I have just been given a 6ft yucca that had been chopped down and left to dry out ready for firewood BUT while it was left to dry out it started to sprout new shoots, and since i had expressed an interest and the plant looked as though it may survive i have been given it................. in two three foot pieces. Pretty much just logs with some shoots coming out the sides. I have put them in the ground in the hope they may survive.
What can i do to assist its revival............both bits.
I know nothing about gardening really.
--
paterson00

Yucca, grow only, on average, a half inch per year. The tree also has just one pollinator, the Yucca Moth.
Frequently, Joshua Trees are seen growing in groups and this happens because they can grow from underground rhizomes. They can also grow from seed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Interesting site. Evidently, my place is festooned with Flaccid Leaf Yucca. But, it grows a LOT more than a half inch per year. As that is an average, maybe this breed is in the +3 SD. It pops up here and there almost fully born. Mine are all wild and seem to thrive on neglect, producing the most lovely flowers. I have had no success in the past trying to transplant them, but I wasn't really trying hard or in an informed manner. This year, I intend to create slightly raised 2x2 or such beds for trying again. My speculation is that the wild stuff seeks out the fissures in my horribly clay based soil and winds up with wet feet when I try to transplant.
Interesting about the moth. It seems that the same moth works for ALL the various varieties. I will have to look more closely. We have so many here, including large populations of Luna Moths -- such beauties.
Finally got the rain gutters all around the outside of the top rails on the deck and filled them with potting soil today. Put in some bedding annuals every three ft. or so, and, after the soaked soil sets, the entire deck will become my herb garden.
cheers
oz, experiencing the first of what is supposed to be FIVE DAYS OF SUNSHINE