I need help to Identify a Flower ...

Hi!

I'm a photographer and recently returned from a trip to a public garden where I snapped this flower:

(Attachment system doesn't seem to work?)

I'm having trouble finding out what it is, but am thinking it's perhaps a primrose? Sorry that the leaves aren't visible.

Latin names preferable but anything to help is appreciated :)

Thanks.

Reply to
NathanHornby

It looks like Cistus (rockrose).

Paulo

Reply to
Paulo da Costa

Looks like Rose of Sharon.

Sheldon

syriacus). The other suggestion that it is a Cistus is in the right area; it's at least in that family.

There's maybe too much yellow in the colour for Cistus (they're white to pink or purple), but otherwise it looks about right. So I googled for images of the hybrids x Halimiocistus. It looks like it is x Halimiocistus wintonensis, and likely the cultivar 'Merrist Wood Cream'.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Reply to
Jacqueline Davidson

Thanks everyone for your very detailed help; It's much appreciated!

I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again as I'm often stumped on species I snap when out and about.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Reply to
NathanHornby