I need help to Identify a Flower ...

Hi!
I'm a photographer and recently returned from a trip to a public garden where I snapped this flower: http://tinyurl.com/3uq9vd (Attachment system doesn't seem to work?)
I'm having trouble finding out what it is, but am thinking it's perhaps a primrose? Sorry that the leaves aren't visible.
Latin names preferable but anything to help is appreciated :)
Thanks.
--
NathanHornby

NathanHornby wrote:

It looks like Cistus (rockrose).
Paulo
NathanHornby wrote:

Looks like Rose of Sharon.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek040622.html
In message

Definitely not a primrose, and definitely not a Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus). The other suggestion that it is a Cistus is in the right area; it's at least in that family.
There's maybe too much yellow in the colour for Cistus (they're white to pink or purple), but otherwise it looks about right. So I googled for images of the hybrids x Halimiocistus. It looks like it is x Halimiocistus wintonensis, and likely the cultivar 'Merrist Wood Cream'.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/Cistaceae/Genera/gallery.html

Thanks everyone for your very detailed help; It's much appreciated!
I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again as I'm often stumped on species I snap when out and about.
Cheers,
Nathan.
--
NathanHornby