I'm new and have a question

Hi everyone, I came across a fanastic end of season the other day and bought some spirea (little princess and a shirobana) a new double red peony and a yellow polentilla and a little plant that was mislabled.Star of Bethleem only to find out later it is a solanum ,a potato vine. http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Solanaceae/Solanum_jasminoides.html it says it is semi hardy to Phoenix , which would be great but I live in Nova Scotia Canada zone 5!
does anyone know if I should take a cutting and try nursing it through the winter or try gathering seeds or just enjoy now? mind you I think I paid something like a buck for it so no hardship that way
thanks for any help! :) Lynn

What the hell.....why not do both? It sounds like you're open to experimenting. Besides...furniture is boring. Fill the house with plants instead. :-)
Doug Kanter wrote:

Are you advocating to lay around on the floor in a diaper and palm the sago like you do all day? No thanks...
fetch.

Uh oh. Mommy's not home yet. Get off the computer right this minute.

Thanks for replying. I will probably do both but was just looking for the best way.