i.d. mystery plant? web page and better (hopefully) pictures

http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant/plant.html
has some close ups with a ruler and a better pix of the whole plant - I took it out to the porch... which is a good thing as I was photographing it, I noticed some tiny webs on the main thorns and will give it a good spray today.
No one has ever been able to identify this plant so I am hopeful I will get an answer - I'll be happy to take more pictures...
TIA, Sterling
Sterling wrote:

Sterling, With those thorns, I think that your plant is a species of Acacia. There are many species, and some have flattened leaf stalks called phyllodes, rather than pinnate leaves. Maybe someone can give you a species. Emilie NorCal
It looks like something like my Bamboo.
W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan
Oh really, Kirk?
Which Bamboo do you have that looks like an Asparagus?