I burned my pine tree...

    .... some hay caught fire and "toasted" the side of my pine tree. After a few weeks the needles have turned brown. Will they regenerate?
Thanks!
What kind of pine? Planted or native?? What percent of the green foliage got toasted???
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Real pines regenerate from fire, often. That's why the forest service has controlled burns. (Underbrush dies, pines survive). However, spruces are not real pines, and I have not heard of them regenerating from fire damage. Maybe someone else has other information.

It almost certainly will not sprout back very well. Do not fertilize it to get it to do so. as this may kill it by forcing the plant to 'empty its bank account' as it were. Let come back naturally, or try some Roots2 or sea-kelp root stimulator and hope for the best.