Hydroponic adventures with hot peppers

I'm fairly new to hydroponics, the learning curve for people who don't grow pot is rather steep!
I live in eastern Ontario, Canada and frost is a nightly event now. But let me go back to Spring.
According to my logs I started hot peppers from seed Apr 7 in the "one-inch" cubes. May 30 I transplanted them to the greenhouse, individually into 6 inch pots, filled with hydrocorn and ran drippers into them.
As spring and summer progressed a number of them died off from the heat. I added a fan to improve the air flow. The survivors remained stunted. Then in September as the temperatures cooled they started to grow quickly and fruit.
But no ripening.
I dawned on me a month ago that the hydroponic store sells two distinct formulae, the Grow and the Bloom. On my last visit I finally asked and discovered that I should have switched to Bloom once the blooms emerged (no directions on the containers of course!).
But I'm growing a lot of herbs and lettuce from the same reservoir and I don't want them to fruit, so I stuck with the Grow formula.
And the peppers continue to bloom and fruit and boy are they ever green!
A few weeks ago I added a construction heater to keep everything alive.
And finally today one of the dozens of peppers is getting some colour. I hope that I can keep the heat going long enough to get my crop harvested.
Clearly I'm going to need an outdoor situation for them next year. Plans afoot....
<complete snip)
I emailed you. If you do not get it, e-mail me at MeadGuild AT aol DOT com
Dick
I reccomend you a drip irrigation system. It's quite easier to install and control, and there are more accesories in the market. I can suggest you an on-line shop, in which I bought a few times: www.plasgotirrigation.com
Good luck with your garden!!!!