Hydrangeas in Pachysandra

I have 2 new 2 gallon macrophylla's and I'd like to plant them dead smack i n the middle of pachysandra. Sun light and soil will be good. My question i s, will the pachysandra (roots) choke out the roots of the hydrangeas or wi ll they grow just as well with or without the pachysandra?
Thx!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

I don't have Hydrangea in Pachysandra, but I have a whole raft of other stuff in Pachysandra.
In THEORY, one plant can choke out another. In practice the taller plant has the advantage. In any case, I think you'll never notice the difference.
--
Dan Espen