Hydrangea root stocl?

I would like to try grafting hydrangea on another root stock to make a standard. What root stock can I use? Where can I purchase it
Thanks
Gary

Hydrangea grafting is uncommon - in fact, I have never heard of it. Most tree forms are PeeGee's (paniculata 'Grandiflora' ) trained in that form over time by careful pruning. I suppose you could attempt to graft other hydrangea species to a paniculata rootstock, but it would still take the same time and pruning techniques to develop into a tree form.
pam - gardengal
Op maandag 6 september 2004 23:09:07 UTC+2 schreef Gary and Karen Manning:

Hello Gary,
What are you're experience with the standards of Hydrangea? I've read on another mail that you also search for info about grafting? Thank you for any help and advice.
Geert
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I somehow doubt that Gary has been hanging on for a reply these ten years.
--
David