hydrangea not flowering and looks like it has rust

I have two Nikko Blue Hydrangea plants. I bought them in 2004. They did not flower this year? One of them looks like it might be suffering from rust. What should I do? Should I prune them during the fall?
Comment on any one or all. Mary
Do not prune the Hydrangea. You will cut off next years buds. They bloom on the previous years wood. This Hydrangea may not bloom in zone 5 or lower with out winter protection. Let us know what zone you live in and we can discuss winterizing. Good luck
Gary

I don't know about the rust. But you should prune after flowering, but only prune the stems that just flowered, you prune right down near the bottom.
Jen

Mine need some protection in zone 6 or it won't bloom.