Hydrangea & Montauk Daisy

I have 2 questions -
How come my hydrangea has not bloomed? I bought it 3 years ago - of course it was in bloom then - hasn't bloomed since.
Can I and if so when can I split my Montauk Daisy?
Thanks,
Cate
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Have you pruned your hydrangea?
I don't know anything about the daisy.

USDA Zone 8b
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:21:50 GMT, "Travis"
There's a whole lot of gardening subjects you are proving to be clueless on! Which probably means you call yourself a gardener or a landscaper!
yippie wrote:

.......and the examples are?

USDA Zone 8b

Don't feed the Troll!

Do you cut it back every winter? If so you are cutting off the following years flowers. It blooms on old wood.
This means that if the stems get killed to the ground over the winter (which is usually the case in northern areas) the plant will not bloom that season. It will send up new stems which look good but will not flower. Next winter you might consider treating the plant like a rose bush and cover it after it goes dormant to protect the old stems which should result in flowers for next season.
Generally, hydrangeas are more tender than roses - they also don't like dry conditions. Covering plants doesn't do more than minimal protection, even in places with high diurnal variations.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.
On 4/5/05 7:31 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

No idea on the hydrangea, but the Montauk Daisy, IF it what I know as Montauk Daisy, you should be able to lift and divide as the ground is workable.
And no - I have no clue what the Latin is, was or will be. It is a "pass along plant" locally.
Cheryl
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Wrote:

Hi Cate,
Here's a site that will help you id your hydrangea and how and if t prune. http://tinyurl.com/57pvm