Hydrangea

I want to plant several Hydrangea bushes. Can anyone tell me what time of the year would be best to plant them?

Also is there a newsgroup where I can get more information about planting and caring for them.

Thanks

Reply to
Freckles

Go to google or whatever search engine you use and type in hydrangea and you will be busy all afternoon.

Reply to
betsyb

"Freckles" expounded:

It depends on where you're located. If their potted, most any time you can work the soil.

Reply to
Ann

Anytime is a good answer, also a safe bet is when your garden center has them in stock it's time to plant whatever. I'm in zone 6 and I've planted hydrangea from spring through summer, the best time for transplants is in spring of course.

www.hosk> "Freckles" expounded:

Reply to
immike

I planted more hydrangeas than a person should be allowed last year. I had some from the previous year that I dug up and transplanted between May-July (none of them suffered any shock). I planted new hydrangeas of many different varieties between June-August. I'm in zone 8a/b.

Reply to
scfundogs