Hydrangea

Because of addin a deck and a wrap around pourch, I have a couple of hydrangeas that I must transplant before next spring. When best to do this, now or wait until early spring?
I just planted a pink diamond hydrangea this weekend. It should be ok
--
:) Lynn

"Roy Edwards" < snipped-for-privacy@ntelos.net> wrote in message
Roy Edwards wrote:

Where are you located? If you expect killing frost within the next couple of weeks or so, wait till spring. O'wise, it's OK now. Give it a good dose of blood-and-bone meal both in the transplant hole and on the surface, and water enough to keep the roots moist.

Fall is the best time. The only concern is frost heave. You may have to mulch heavily to keep the frost from heaving it out of the ground.