Hybiscus trees?

The local Wal-Mart has what appear to be hybiscus trees. They are in 3-gallon pots and stand about 4 feet high. I was thinking about getting one, but would like to know first what will happen to them. Will they grow taller? If so, how tall? Will they need a lot of pruning to remain as a tree? Any info will help.
Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

-> You dare question the oracle of Wal-Mart?
Never. Oh, never!
-> Have no idea what you are calling Hybiscus trees based on your detailed -> description and the botanical name of the species.
My problem, too.
--
8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Fred K Meyer Jr wrote:

Scrubs?
See my <URL:http://www.rossde.com/garden/index.html#misnom .
--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/

Scrubs!

Hospital administration keeps reminding us that these surgical outfits don't grow on trees.
-> I bought 2 hybiscus trees, but not from Walmart. They will grow taller -> during the summer. I'm assuming you will bring them inside over the Winter. -> You have to prune them before you put them out in the Spring. You also have -> to remove low volunteer shoots so they remain as trees, not turn into -> scrubs, which is the natural state of hybiscus.
Thanks.
Actually, I was thinking of planting them in the front yard. I'm in central TX, zone 7 (or 8), so it doesn't get very cold here in the winter. Usually.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~