Hyacinths

Anyone got any insight into growing hyacinths in the ground?
I've only ever grown them in pots in the past but this year I want to try growing them in the ground. It's time to plant them here and we get heavy frosts but no snow (or maybe one fall in a season if we're very lucky) or freezing of the ground.

As long as they're planted where deer, bunnies, and other noshers can't get to them hyacinths will grow directly in the ground same as daffs, tulips, and other bulbs.
FarmI wrote:

All you need to do is plant them about 6 - 8 inches deep. Its that simple. Around here where we get very cold temperatures (-10 degrees fahrenheit) they make it through the winter fine.
Last fall I planted over 100 of them and this spring they were beautiful and smelled great too.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"
my DH really is a dear. this spring he bought me a pot of hyacinth and the smell was so strong I had to put it 3 rooms away. overkill in the aroma dept.