Hoyas

Anyone have a good source for flowering fragrant hoya plants? I inherited one from my mother-in-law and LOVE it. It makes my whole house smell wonderful at night when it is flowrering. I have propogated additional ones from that plant but I am hooked and want more variety. Anyone know of a good, reliable source?

Reply to
Doll is Mine

Hi Doll,

I don't have your answer, so maybe someone else will come along wit ideas. In the meantime, Garden Web has a forum just for hoyas. Here' a helpful post.

's the main page for that particular forum. They have forums fo just about everything you can think of.
is also an exchange section for hoyas. If you don't hav anything to trade, you might be able to get some for SASE - Sel Addressed Stamped Envelope.
be sure to read the instructions for using the site. You can chec references for mailorder sites here.
trading! New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

A forum just for Hoyas!?! THANKS! :)

Reply to
Doll is Mine

Do a Google for Logee's Greenhouses as a source for Hoyas.

Another group you might consider is Houseplant Chat, it's a Yahoo discussion group and I know for a fact there are several Hoya nuts that belong there, including myself!

Meyer is the list owner and has quite a nice collection of Hoyas himself.

Hemma

Reply to
Hemmaholic

You are very welcome!! Have fun! New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

The best mail order source for rare and unusual Hoyas is Kartuz greenhouses in Vista California. He is online at Kartuz.com or something like that. I used to work for him and he is a great resource for information on many rare and unusual plants and is regularly written up in magazines like Sunset or Martha Stewart Living.

Reply to
figaro