Hoyas

Anyone have a good source for flowering fragrant hoya plants? I inherited one from my mother-in-law and LOVE it. It makes my whole house smell wonderful at night when it is flowrering. I have propogated additional ones from that plant but I am hooked and want more variety. Anyone know of a good, reliable source?
Doll is Mine Wrote:

Hi Doll,
I don't have your answer, so maybe someone else will come along wit ideas. In the meantime, Garden Web has a forum just for hoyas. Here' a helpful post. http://tinyurl.com/66blf
Here's the main page for that particular forum. They have forums fo just about everything you can think of. http://tinyurl.com/3wdet
There is also an exchange section for hoyas. If you don't hav anything to trade, you might be able to get some for SASE - Sel Addressed Stamped Envelope. http://tinyurl.com/5op6v
Do be sure to read the instructions for using the site. You can chec references for mailorder sites here. http://davesgarden.com/gwd /
Happy trading! New
-- Newt
Newt wrote:

Do a Google for Logee's Greenhouses as a source for Hoyas.
Another group you might consider is Houseplant Chat, it's a Yahoo discussion group and I know for a fact there are several Hoya nuts that belong there, including myself!
Grant Meyer is the list owner and has quite a nice collection of Hoyas himself.
Hemma
Doll is Mine Wrote:

You are very welcome!! Have fun! New
-- Newt

The best mail order source for rare and unusual Hoyas is Kartuz greenhouses in Vista California. He is online at Kartuz.com or something like that. I used to work for him and he is a great resource for information on many rare and unusual plants and is regularly written up in magazines like Sunset or Martha Stewart Living.