how toi protect lawn?

    I am doing a bit of work for a friend that involves walking across her lawn many times over about a week. I would rather not wear a path in it. Is there something I can lay down to walk on that would protect the grass?
    It seems to me that some sort of steel grate might work. Does anyone make such a product for this purpose?
    TIA
                Peter

When I was doing some work that involved rolling a wheelbarrow across my lawn many times, I bought some cheap plywood to put down. I took it up every day so the grass wouldn't die. Later I used it to put a floor in the storage area over my garage.

Lawns are supposed to be walkable. A week's worth of going to and fro (unless you're dragging bags of cement behind you) should do no harm. If possible, you could vary your route a bit so as not to trample the same area over and over, but one person's walking just shouldn't be a problem.

    This is not the case in all areas.

Depends on the weather conditions, too.