How to remove asphalt

Hi, I am converting some driveway into beds and a walkway and I want to remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can I (safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and concrete/ tile blade?

Eric

Reply to
eric.cooper

Eric: This newsgroup isn't particularly busy at this time of year. Post it in alt.home.repair, and you'll probably be buried in responses within two hours.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Try posting on

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

A score line in asphalt won't work like scoring a tile or glass. If you want a nice clean line, then you almost need to cut thru the asphalt entirely. A circular saw blade with diamonds will work, but you should use it wet. The process will make a huge mess of your circular saw. Don't try to cut too fast since you are going thru 2 or 3 inches of asphalt, not a 1/4" tile.

-alan sung Rapid Realm Technology, Inc. Hopkinton, MA (zone 6a)

Reply to
Alan Sung