How to remove asphalt

Hi, I am converting some driveway into beds and a walkway and I want to remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can I (safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and concrete/ tile blade?
Eric

Eric: This newsgroup isn't particularly busy at this time of year. Post it in alt.home.repair, and you'll probably be buried in responses within two hours.
On 31 Jan 2007 11:01:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aspect.com wrote:

Try posting on <alt.home.repair>
Persephone

A score line in asphalt won't work like scoring a tile or glass. If you want a nice clean line, then you almost need to cut thru the asphalt entirely. A circular saw blade with diamonds will work, but you should use it wet. The process will make a huge mess of your circular saw. Don't try to cut too fast since you are going thru 2 or 3 inches of asphalt, not a 1/4" tile.
-alan sung Rapid Realm Technology, Inc. Hopkinton, MA (zone 6a)