How to prune hebes?

We have hebes in front of a Stewartia which are getting too big.
If we prune them down half way, all the greenery will be cut off.
Will the stalks recover from such treatment?
Thanks for your advice.
Dwight
Dwight;950564 Wrote: > We have hebes in front of a Stewartia which are getting too big.

It is not advisable to cut back past leaves, preferably cutting back only to a new bud or leaf.
Doing this will help promote growth on the stem below, as well as new shoots.
Do this to just a few stems at a time, over several months will help to keep the plant healthy,
--
carlmc75

carlmc75 wrote:

Makes sense. Thanks very much.