How to prune hebes?

We have hebes in front of a Stewartia which are getting too big.

If we prune them down half way, all the greenery will be cut off.

Will the stalks recover from such treatment?

Thanks for your advice.

Dwight

Reply to
Dwight

It is not advisable to cut back past leaves, preferably cutting back only to a new bud or leaf.

Doing this will help promote growth on the stem below, as well as new shoots.

Do this to just a few stems at a time, over several months will help to keep the plant healthy,

Reply to
carlmc75

Makes sense. Thanks very much.

Dwight