How to prevent earwig damage to pears?

(I don't remember if I asked this or not - if I did, I've forgotten the answer and not been able to find the post...)

I have three aisan pears, and 3 regular pears. Last year I lost most of my pears to earwigs. If I understand correctly, stopping this from happening again is as simple as putting a sticky band on the trunk of the tree so that they can't crawl up the tree to get to the fruit. Is it really that easy?

Reply to
Zootal