How to plant palm seeds?

I have a couple dozen pecan-sized palm tree seeds I picked up a couple of weeks ago in Florida from the ground under a cluster of small tree- sized (very large bush-sized) palm trees. I would like to see if they will grow. What's the best thing to do to start these growing. The seeds have an outer covering that was green, is now drying out. This covering is over the internal hard core, like the outer husk on a coconut over the core coconut, only much smaller. of course.

Reply to
hrhofmann

There is some detail here:

my own experience, I have only germinated a date palm, and those seeds came inside their fruity date at a brunch buffet at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. The palm is over a foot high now.

Ya gotta love it.

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar