How to grow radicchio for seed?

Im interested in saving seed from radicchio as my local supplier sells if for more than crack occaine. (They dont sell rock. You have to get that somewhere else.) Ive only ever saved seed from lettuce and spinach.

When do you plant it? What do you look after it? What do you do with it over the winter? Im afraid that I havent figured out what my Zone is but I am in a submediterranean climate. The variety that Im growing is some kind of Palla Rossa (85 days).

Robin

Reply to
Robin H

Good day Robin. Look here for your zone information:

've never grown radicchio, so can't give you any personal experiences. I will say though that google is your friend. I used the search term _ radicchio seed save _ and came up with this page:
one would assume that the radicchio would want the same care you would give an endive. Good luck and happy gardening.

Reply to
Timothy