How to get my plumeria to start another main branch?

I have a frangi-pangi that is about 6 ft. tall now. Problem is, it is very lop-sided, as it has the main trunk, and only TWO main branches that are maybe 120 degrees apart, so the plant is so lop-sided that I had to install a thick cord anchoring the main trunk to the porch railing. Otherwise the whole plant, pot and all, would fall over. Is there anything that can encourage the plant to start a new third branch? That main trunk just kind of "dead-ends", and then the two branches are shooting out from the side at the very top.
Cut it back to encourage branching.

install
at
If you cut the plumeria it will grow more branches. I have one that I have cut back several times (always using the cuttings somewhere else in the garden) and mine are very bushy!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

Jim Caldwell wrote:

hi jim cut it back. if you simply cut the growing tips off, it will produce new branches a the tips.... and therfore might stay kinda lanky.. i suggest cut it back hard... down past the two branches... even as fa down as where they fork. this will produce growing tips also, but might make the top bushie giving it some more balance. Rena - RapturousRena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk