How to deal with your wife?

I want to set up a temporary table in my living room to use to start some seeds because the area gets all the sun, but my wife is against it. She says temporary becomes permanent. How can I convince her that this is a good idea? Seeds are cheaper than booze and broads,but she does not buy that line of reasoning.
Thanks
Tom
On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:29 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com"

Bring in the booze and broads, the wife will leave, then you can do seeds to your heart's content.

I'm a wife and I fully agree!
You might try "logic". Is your Christmas tree still where it was set up "temporarily* for the holiday season? If it is you've lost. It isn't you can explain this a temporary seasonal thing.....like the Christmas tree. You are starting plants that go out in the spring, it's a once a year seasonal occurrence, just like Christmas decor. Sign a contract with severe repercussions if you end up trying to make the spot permanent. The 'booze and broads' alternative isn't going to fly, as you have found out, silly boy. Or you could get lots of catalogs and pamphlets advertising very expensive heated, grow light equipment and leave them in conspicuous places. This could also have her consider the temporary table the lesser of two evils.
Val

On WOMEN?
said:

good point well made, can't really argue with you there. That aside however, what helped when I built some raised gardens (not totally to my wifes specifications I might add) was allowing her to select what grew in the gardens. That way she could deicde the ultimate results of my labour.
rob
On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:29 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com"

Why do you need permission to do something in your own home? I never can figure women out and how they treat men. Good men out there who, as you said, don't buy booze or bang broads outside the marriage or inside in many cases! Gee wiz, I wish I could tell you something better.
The one idea I had is that you can buy some sheet plastic and build yourself a seedling house with a small electric heater and small enough to cover it up at night.
If this is any consolation, even though your dining table gets all the sun, it is still not enough sun through the glass to give you good, strongly stemmed seedlings.
Victoria
women who dont have anything else to do. maybe their husbands wont let them work, go out with their friends, who demand dinner at the same time every day, who knows. maybe the idea of a bunch of flats on an antique dining room table when company comes to visit doesnt cut it.

I guess people love to torment each other for decades. There is no good reason for either husband or wife to make any demands of one another. I would be out of here if that were the case. There's also a thing called plastic. It can go under the flats.
Better yet, he should buy a small greenhouse, which his wife will tell him he can't do for some other reason. The beat goes on. Some women are ridiculous.
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:06:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Buy her a diamond. That will shut her up; at least for awhile.