How to clean terra cotta clay pot?

Hi,

I had a rubber plant that was infested with what looked like tiny red spider mites. It was potted in a clay pot.

I've since thrown away the plant and soil, but wonder what I need to do to properly clean out the pot so that there are no stragglers. So far I've just washed the pot with water, but want to make sure that the its next resident doesn't become host to a spidery-family.

Should I be using a soapy solution? Something else?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Randy

Odds-on there are no stragglers. However, to stop the spread of diseases between plants, the best way I've found to clean pots is to soak them in a cup of bleach in two gallons of hot water, then let them air dry. This would certainly kill off any critters, too.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens