How Late Can I Plant Trees in DC?

Just curious how late this year I can plant trees in the Wash, DC area? Thanks for any advice.
Dr. Strangelove says you better do it soon before they finally drop the big one!!!
You better do it before 5:00 PM because its dark by then because of that darn Daylight Savings Time thing.
What kind of tree is it? Could it be a money tree?
Just what exactly are they smoking in the Whitehouse nowadays?

Didn't you hear that the Iraqis have the Doomsday Machine? Trust me, it's a slam dunk.
You can plant trees in DC until the ground freezes (mid to late December). November is the best month for many trees.
_________________ John Henry Wheeler Washington, DC USDA Zone 7

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:43:48 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"

Any time before the ground freezes, and make certain you water it very well after and don't let the tree settle any lower in the hole that it was in the container or ball and burlap. Remove the wire and any mesh if it is in a ball. Container plants can go in any time the ground is still soft enough and not too wet to work.

area?
I have always liked the sign at Merrifield:
Q. What is the best time to plant a tree?
A. Today.
Q. What is the next best time?
A. Tomorrow.
It's probably safe up to mid-December, although the sooner the better.

Until the ground freezes. If you have a jackhammer you can even do it then. Deciduous trees are dormant in the winter and can be easily planted any time.
Evergreen trees can be planted in the winter but care must be taken because they still need to be watered for a while.
I was always told that you can plant a deciduous tree as long as you can get a shovel in the ground. evergreens however need a couple of months to acclimate before the hard freeze.
Ron H.