How fast do abborites grow?

I just planted 14, they're 4 - 1 1/2 feet tall I spaced them 40" apart center to center. They're in full sun/partial shade.
How soon can I expect them to be 8' tall?
TIA

center
What is/are "abborites?"
Aborted abnormal arborvitae (Thuya ignoramis)?

The day after you are that tall.
You just planted the darn things. At least let the roots get established before you expect them to take off.
It will at leat a year before they show any significant growth and much longer before they double in size.

center

center
Once established and if conditions are optimum, most arborvitaes (Thuja occidentalis cvts.) can be expected to put on growth of 6-12" per year. They should take about two season to establish, so you are looking at about 10 years before they reach the desired height.
pam - gardengal
Gee, I hate to disagree with Pam, who is incredibly knowledgeable, and it's hard to imagine that anything would grow *faster* here in PA then in the Pacific Northwest, but my arborvitaes went from 3-4 feet to 8 ft. in more like 4 or 5 years. Some varieties--I have several-- were faster than others, but none of them took anything like10 years to reach an impressive size. I now spend considerable time each spring pruning them back, so they don't get gangly and suffer ice storm damage.
Your mileage may vary, of course, according to the quality of you soil and your climate.
Cheers, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA

Thanks to all who responded.
Aren't you going to enlighten us as to the correct name of your plant, laughing boy?
You know full well that there is no such thing as "abborites".

apart
10