How do you spell this? Kind of fertilizer

Hello - Someone suggested a type of fertilizer for my lawn. I can pronounce it but cant spell it. It sounds like urea, your-ree-ah. How is it spelled and what is it?
Thanks!
Thanks, I found the spelling. "Urea" Now what is it and why would my lawn need it??? http://www.google.com/search?q=urea%20fertilizer&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=gw

No brains wrote:

It never occurred to you to look at some of the links on that very page???
I did. When I origionally posted I didn't have the spelling correct. Thanks for your reply.

46-0-0 a source of nitrogen. A synthesized version of the stuff in your urine. Apply sparingly.
Will do, thanks for your reply. I found it in a scotts liquid. I will use it for a quick green-up until I get on a regular program.

It's lawn candy canes..it will burn it up pronto too.
If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me like someone learned something and took it out of context. Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and thats it. If you want a good fertilizer for your lawn tell us what your needs are, I'm sure we can help you out.
Jamogod

"If you dont have a fungus in your lawn do NOT apply this. Sounds to me like someone learned something and took it out of context. Apply this late, and i mean late, in the season as a winterizer and thats it."
So, if he has fungus, it's ok to apply pure nitrogen? High nitrogen promotes fungus and whether he has it or not, it's a good way to start a fungus problem or make a small one worse. And the conventional advice is a winterizer is a balanced product, with less nitrogen than normal, not pure nitrogen. You could certainly use urea if you happen to have it as a source of nitrogen, applied carefully, but for most home applications, there are much better choices.